Monday 18 July 2011

The Bicycle Thieves (or 'another reason to hate Middlesbrough')

Venturing through Middlesbrough Town Centre today, and saw this disheartening sight

Not sure why I felt compelled to take a picture (mind you, I usually take various pictures of whatever unhealthy meal I'm eating that day, also) But this sight, was not only a sad reflection of crime (at it's most senseless) but also a 'mood' piece, to add to Middlesbrough's (already) shoddy reputation....and a critique of basic ('fuck you) human behaviour.

Not content of stripping away whatever they could easily remove, the thief decided to buckle the wheel that was attached to the lock. As i stood there, looking at the raped carcass of what (I'm assuming) was someones mode of transport....the final kick in the teeth was the buckled wheel. Simple of case of the "I can't have it....no-one can have it" mindset, that scares me a lot more than the theft of the steering wheel/front wheel, seat, etc. I was amazed they left the chain (surely they could have mugged someone with it?)

Sometimes I can wake up, without a care in the world, and bluff my way through another seventeen 0r eighteen hours. Unfortunately, days like this are getting few and far between (partly because 'Sights' like this...aren't)

No comments:

Post a Comment